dbupdate complaints

  • From: "Eric M. Carroll" < >
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 1994 00:19:52 -0500
  • Phone: +1 416 978 3328

Hi,

Sorry for the stupid question. dbupdate from time to time complains:

	Classless index already open!!!!

when only RIPE whoisd is running. Is it necessary to kill whoisd
before running dbupdate? If not, what is the origin of the message?
Nothing else is running, I get few queries right now. I did previously
run a netdbm and then a netdbm -c. Is someone not closing a database
correctly?

Thanks,

Eric Carroll	University of Toronto Network & Operations Services
		External Networking Facilities Management