RIPE Database playground, rr-impl@localhost
- Date: Tue, 20 Sep 1994 17:50:30 +0200
As requested at the last RIPE meeting, I have setup a test database
for you all to use and get some feeling of how all this works.
- the "inetnum" and "route" objects (new format, ie after the split)
will be regenerated every night, and will overwrite any
changes/additions you may have sent in.
- all other objects remain in the test database
- the address to send test data to is:
- there is a whois server running on this database on machine
"bwhois.ripe.net", normal whois port 43.
- most of the functionaility of ripe-81++, authorisation, inet-rtr and
all other docs presented at the RIPE meeting has been implemented.
- there are a few things that still need implementation, try:
"whois -h bwhois.ripe.net help" for help and open issues.
- Bugs/Questions please to me directly (or ripe-dbm), or to the list if you
think it is important enough.
- most unix type clients will understand extra options (see the help
for a complete list) as:
% whois -h bwhois.ripe.net -- -L key
% whois -h bwhois.ripe.net "-L key"
I will send a similar mail to the local-ir list and all guardians
later this week or early next week, you are the first ones to have a
go at it.