[connect-bof] Germany and Dtag has some funny ideas http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/deutsche-telekom-pushes-all-german-internet-safe-from-spying-a-933013.html

Carsten Schiefner ripe-wgs.cs at schiefner.de
Wed Nov 13 20:53:54 CET 2013

Gordon, all -

On 13.11.2013 18:14, Gordon Lennox wrote:
> Of course the next twist is that once they have collected some
> slightly indelicate data for some extreme reason they seem to find it
> unthinkable not to reuse the data for some other totally banal
> reason. Well they have gone to all the effort and expense of
> collecting it so they might as well extract maximum value from it?
> Whatever...
>
> Seen this so many times.

happens again as we speak: some "reading material" that has been
prepared by the Ministry of Interior Affairs for the currently ongoing
coalition negotiations between the conservatives and social democrats
here in Germany suggested that the collected toll data for trucks on
German highways - strictly and exclusivly bound *BY* *LAW* to the
purpose of collecting the toll - should potentially b used for other
purposes as well: prosecuting crime, fighting terrorism etc. pp.

Unheard of! Or is it?

Have a nice evening, all - best,

	-C.