[connect-bof] Germany and Dtag has some funny ideas http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/deutsche-telekom-pushes-all-german-internet-safe-from-spying-a-933013.html

Wilhelm Boeddinghaus wilhelm at boeddinghaus.de
Wed Nov 13 09:01:16 CET 2013

Hi,

I personally think their want the monopoly back. Oh, the good old times
without competition :-)

DTAG will not have an open peering policy. But even more dangerous is
that some of the politicans who try to form a new government in Germany
think this "German Internet" is a good idea. They also talk about a
"Schengen Internet". The UK is not member of the club of the Schengen
countries, so they and their secret service would not be part of this
new "European internet".

Officially the German government is against the American spying, but
internally they prepare for something totally different like copying
more and more traffic from peering points.

If the funny ideas make it into laws this will not be funny anymore.

Regards,

Wilhelm