Re: [certtest] New release certification test application

  • To: Tim Bruijnzeels tim@localhost
  • From: Mark Meijerink <mark.meijerink@localhost
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 15:56:05 +0200
  • Cc: "certtest@localhost" certtest@localhost

Tim/certtesters,

The screencast and demo are very clear but I do have one question. The supported functionality seems to work ( IPv4 and IPv6 ROAs ) and I know we suppose to test the functionality and not the usability but I do have a suggestion. When creating a new ROA under ROA Management it would be nice if you do not have to type the prefix but you can select the prefixes from a drop-down menu containing the prefixes in the LIR's certificate. I also created a ROA for a suballocated subnet using the portal. Maybe the portal could give the user both possibilities? So a drop-down box and a textfield? It is just my suggestion.

Regards,
 Mark
 SARA

Tim Bruijnzeels wrote:
Dear colleagues,

We have upgraded the certification test application and invite you all
to have a look again:

https://certtest.ripe.net/

This release supports Route Origination Authorisation (ROA). ROAs will
help improve Internet routing security. The following functionality has
been added:

     * specify your route origination authorisation
     * a ROA Repository to view and download system generated ROA objects

A screencast on how to use the new features has been made available on
the welcome page.

Please let us (or better yet the list) know what you think. Bug reports,
missing features, questions or any other feedback are welcome.

The next few weeks we will be working on certificate and roa
publication, and key life cycle management. We hope to have another
upgrade ready early October.

Regards,

Tim Bruijnzeels

--