[bcop] Indosat (AS4761) BGP Hijack

Blake WILLIS BWILLIS at neotelecoms.com
Thu Apr 3 15:49:22 CEST 2014

On 3 Apr 2014, at 1:45 PM, IP TAC wrote:

> Dear Partner,
>
> The problem caused by misconfig by our third-party support.
> We already have plan to prevent the problem exist in the future if any misconfig happen again.
> We apologize for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

May I take this opportunity to suggest that you (& anyone else listening that doesn't already have two levels of prevention on their BGP customers)
implement a BGP max-prefix setting on your customer peer-groups to prevent this sort of incident in the future (in addition to using per-customer prefix filters)?

Plenty of networks are rolling out IPv6; <A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resource_Public_Key_Infrastructure">RPKI</A> may take longer...

Best regards,
---
 Blake Willis