[bcop] BCOP BoF in Athens

Jan Zorz - ISOC zorz at isoc.org
Sat Oct 12 11:24:50 CEST 2013

Good people on BCOP at RIPE mailing list ;)

In Athens we have scheduled a BCOP BoF on monday at 18h, after the
plenary part of RIPE meeting ends - this time the BoF will be "lead" by
Benno Overeinder and myself. Thnx Benno for volunteering :)

Benno and myself will do the lightning talk update on BCOP activities
around the world on the same day at around 17h during the plenary, so be
there to learn what's going on globally.

You are all invited to attend the BoF, we'll discuss many interesting
things and initiatives for operational documents. We identified some
topics and some people already started doing some work.

I'll present the beta-preview-draft of the document titled "Generic IPv6
troubleshooting procedures for helpdesks around the world", with
contributors and co-authors Lee Howard, John Jason Brzozowski, David
Freedman, Jason Fesler, Tim Chown, Sander Steffann, Chris Grundemann and
myself.

We'll also discuss the proposal from Andrei Robachevsky (ISOC) of
creating a routing code of conduct, an interesting initiative to make
Internet better. We might get Nick Hilliard interested to talk about BGP
operational practices at IXP and so on.

If anyone is interested in participating and presenting the work on the
operational document that is being done - more than welcome to send an
email to Benno or me.

See you all on Monday afternoon in Athens, join us and bring everyone
that is interested in operational practices.

Cheers, Jan Zorz