This course teaches LEA representatives about the RIPE Database and how they can use if for their work.
Topics covered in this course:
- Registry system, RIPE/RIPE NCC, Policy Development Process (PDP)
- Becoming member, requesting resources, checks we do, mergers, take-overs, closures, transfers, reclaims, court orders)
- RIPE Database - what can you find in there and what does it all mean
- IPv4 exhaustion, IPv6 - differences and similarities
- Network Address Translation (NAT)
- How does all this apply to LEAs (issues with tunnels, NAT and logging)
- Show tools, Live Demo: looking for abuse contacts
- Routing security (route objects authentication, certification/RPKI)
This course teaches participants about the RIPE NCC's measurement tools using practical exercises and examples.
Topics covered during this course:
- RIPE Atlas