RIPE Database Training Course Outline
After this course you will:
- Understand the function, scope and importance of the RIPE Database.
- Understand how to query the RIPE Database in order to get the exact information you need.
- Understand how to update your objects in the RIPE Database. Understand how the protection mechanisms work in the RIPE Database.
- Understand how hierarchical authorisation works for the creation of more specific inetnum objects and domain objects.
- Understand how to request and document your reverse delegation using the RIPE Database.
- Understand how to use the RIPE Database related widgets of RIPEstat.
Who should attend:
You should attend this training course if you are part of the staff of a Local Internet Registry (LIR) in the RIPE NCC service region.
- The RIPE Database Basics
- Querying the RIPE Database
- Querying with Flags
- Retrieving the Correct Contact Information
- Database Protection Mechanisms
- Hierarchical Authorisation
- Reverse Delegation
- LIR Portal , RIPEstat and RIPE Database Tools
This course doesn’t cover:
- The basics of routing, or any technical routing topics
- How to receive IP addresses from the RIPE NCC
- How to operate a Local Internet Registry (LIR)
- The RIPE Database Training Course is based on hands-on practical exercises and demonstrations. Throughout the day, various exercises and demonstrations will get you familiar with the RIPE Database and allow you to practice your newly learned skills.
- At the course, we hand out a USB stick containing the course material and a printed version of the slides.
The material you need to bring:
Please bring your laptop. This course is based on interactive exercises via a web browser. Your laptop should:
- Be able to connect to a wireless network
- Have a web browser installed
You can register as follows:
- Complete the application form through the LIR Portal.