RIPE Database Training Course Outline
After this course you will:
- Understand the function, scope and importance of the RIPE Database.
- Understand how to query the RIPE Database in order to get the exact information you need.
- Understand how to update your objects in the RIPE Database. Understand how the protection mechanisms work in the RIPE Database.
- Understand how hierarchical authorisation works for the creation of more specific inetnum objects and domain objects.
- Understand how to request and document your reverse delegation using the RIPE Database.
- Understand how to use the RIPE Database related widgets of RIPEstat.
Who should attend:
You should attend this training course if you are part of the staff of a Local Internet Registry (LIR) in the RIPE NCC service region.
- The RIPE Database Basics
- Querying the RIPE Database
- Querying with Flags
- Retrieving the Correct Contact Information
- Database Protection Mechanisms
- Hierarchical Authorisation
- Reverse Delegation
- LIR Portal , RIPEstat and RIPE Database Tools
This course doesn’t cover:
- The basics of routing, or any technical routing topics
- How to receive IP addresses from the RIPE NCC
- How to operate a Local Internet Registry (LIR)
- The RIPE Database Training Course is based on hands-on practical exercises and demonstrations. Throughout the day, various exercises and demonstrations will get you familiar with the RIPE Database and allow you to practice your newly learned skills.
- At the course, we hand out a USB stick containing the course material and a printed version of the slides.
The material you need to bring:
Please bring your laptop. This course is based on interactive exercises via a web browser. Your laptop should:
- Be able to connect to a wireless network
- Have a web browser installed
You can register as follows:
- Complete the application form through the LIR Portal.
- Send an email to training _at_ ripe _dot_ net. As it can take longer for us to deal with such mails, this is not the recommended way to register for a course.
We can only accept two people from the same LIR per training course. If more then two people apply, they will be placed on the waiting list and only admitted on the course if there are free places.
The costs of this course are covered by the LIR's membership fee. The course includes lunch and training materials. Travel expenses and accommodation during the training course are not included.
More details on the training course policies are available in the RIPE NCC LIR Training Policies Document.
All RIPE Database Training Courses are conducted in English.
We ask everyone to arrive by 09:00 for coffee. The course starts at 09:30 and finishes at 17:30.