LIR Training Course Outline
After this course you will:
- Know how to interact with the RIPE NCC
- Know how to request Internet number resources
- Understand how IP addresses are distributed
- Understand how policies are developed
- Identify some RIPE Database concepts
Who should attend:
You should attend this training course if you are part of the staff of a Local Internet Registry (LIR) in the RIPE NCC service region.
- The Internet Registry (IR) System
- The RIPE Policy Development Process (PDP)
- The RIPE Database
- IPv4 Resources
- Independent Resources
For this course, it would be useful if you are familiar with the RIPE Database and are able to create, change and delete objects. To check or refresh your knowledge, we invite you to take the following modules in our E-Learning portal:
- The LIR Training Course is based on examples and practical exercises, so you will be able to use and practice what you learn
- We provide a CD containing the course material
- You can also download the course material
You can register as follows:
- Complete the application form through the LIR Portal
- Send an email to training _at_ ripe _dot_ net. As it can take longer for us to deal with such mails, this is not the recommended way to register for a course.
Please note that we give out confidential information during the course ONLY to LIR contact persons. If you want to have access to this information, please ask the current contact persons to add you as a contact person in the company registry file.
We can only accept two people from the same LIR per training course. If more than two people apply, they will be placed on the waiting list and only admitted on the course if free places become available.
The costs of this course are covered by the LIR's membership fee. The course includes lunch and training materials. Travel expenses and accommodation during the training course are not included.
More details on the training course policies are available in RIPE NCC LIR Training Policies.
All LIR Training Courses are conducted in English.
We ask everyone to arrive 09:00 for coffee. The course starts at 09:30 and finishes at 17:00.