Advanced IPv6 Training Course Outline
Advanced IPv6 is a two-day IPv6 course. Topics include IGP, BGP, security and configuration.
NOTE: If you have already deployed IPv6 on your network, this course may not be appropriate for you. Please read the outline below before registering.
After this course you will:
- Be able to implement IPv6 in your core network
- Understand the differences and similarities between IPv4 and IPv6 security
- Know how to configure IPv6 on network equipment
- Understand different transition mechanisms
Who should attend:
You should attend this training course if you are part of the staff of a Local Internet Registry (LIR) and if you:
- Have been told you need to deploy IPv6
- Have experience with IPv4 routing, OSPFv2 and BGP for IPv4
- IPv6 Packets
- IPv6 Routing Basics
- Exercise: Add IPv6 to Loopbacks and Links
- OSPFv3 Exercise: Configuring OSPFv3
- Exercise: Configuring BGP and Customers
- Exercise: Configuring 6rd
- Exercise: Troubleshooting IPv6
- IPv6 Address Management
- Tips & Tricks
This course does NOT cover:
- IS-IS, EIGRP and RIP
- IPv6 for End Users
- How to operate a Local Internet Registry (LIR)
It is assumed you are familiar with IPv4 routing, OSPFv2 and BGP for IPv4.
The Advanced IPv6 training course is based on examples and practical exercises.
We'll provide you with an USB stick containing the course slides on it and the printed version of the slides used.
You can also download the material.
You can register for this course via the LIR Portal by completing the application form.
If you have any questions about registration, please write to training _at_ ripe _dot_ net.
All RIPE NCC training courses are conducted in English. We ask that everyone arrives at the course location at 09:00 for coffee. The course starts at 09:30 and finishes at 17:30.
To give as many LIRs as possible the chance to attend the RIPE NCC training courses, we can only accept two attendees per LIR. If more than two attendees from an LIR apply, they will be placed on a waiting list. If there are places available on the course, they will be given to those people on the waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
The cost of this course is covered by each LIR's membership fee. The course includes lunch and training materials. Travel expenses and accommodation costs during the training course are not included and must be covered by the attendee.
More details on the training course policies are available from the RIPE NCC LIR Training Policies.