FAQ: IPv4 Transfer Listing Service
- What is the IPv4 Transfer Listing Service? →
The IPv4 Transfer Listing Service is a platform that enables RIPE NCC members to list the IPv4 address space they hold and no longer need or acquire IPv4 address space from another member.
- Who can use the Listing Service? →
The Listing Service is available to RIPE NCC members only. The Listing Service can be accessed via the LIR Portal. To list or request a transfer of the address space published on the listing service, a user must have the 'resources' checkbox enabled for their user profile. Please contact your organisation's LIR Portal Administrator about this if you are unable to access the Listing Service.
- Is the Listing Service the only way to get IPv4 addresses? →
No. The RIPE NCC allocates the IPv4 address space it holds according to section 5.6 of “IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment Policies for the RIPE NCC Service Region”, which states that RIPE NCC members can request a one time /22 allocation (1,024 IPv4 addresses) if they already have an IPv6 allocation. No new IPv4 Provider Independent (PI) space will be assigned.
Any transfer of address space via the Listing Service must comply with section 5.5 of Address Allocation and Assignment Policies for the RIPE NCC Service Region.
- What does it cost to use the Listing Service? →
The annual RIPE NCC membership fee includes the use of the IPv4 Transfer Listing Service.
- How much do I have to pay the organisation that wants to transfer IPv4 addresses to me? →
Any financial transaction that may take place between members is up to those members themselves. The RIPE NCC provides a platform for members to list what they are offering. It takes no part in, has no influence over, is not concerned with nor takes any responsibility for any financial transaction that may or may not take place.
- Does the requester need to demonstrate the need for IPv4 addresses it wants to acquire using the Listing Service? →
Yes. The Address Allocation and Assignment Policies for the RIPE NCC Service Region applies to all IPv4 allocations including IPv4 allocations obtained using the Listing Service.
- How can I list the IPv4 address space that I no longer need on the Listing Service? →
Log into the LIR Portal and select 'List resources' from the menu. Enter your name and contact details and select the prefixes you would like to offer. The selected prefixes will then appear on the 'IPv4 address space offered for transfer' page. You can remove or hide resources from this list at any time.
- How can I see what IPv4 address space is available on the Listing Service? →
- What is the minimum allocation size that can be listed on the Listing Service? →
The minimum allocation size that may be listed on the IPv4 Transfer Listing Service and subsequently transferred to another RIPE NCC member is a /22.