Transfer of Allocated PA Space
RIPE NCC members can transfer Provider Aggregatable (PA) IPv4 address space, which is space that was originally allocated by the RIPE NCC.
Who Can Receive a Transfer of Allocated PA Space
In order to be eligible to receive a transfer of allocated PA space from another organisation, the receiving party must:
- Be a member of the RIPE NCC
- Have the transfer approved by the RIPE NCC according to the needs-based requirements outlined in the existing
- Only request a transfer based on the amount of IPv4 address space required for a 12 month period
IPv4 address space can also be transferred as part of a merger or acquisition.
Who Can Transfer Allocated PA Space
Any legitimate holder of allocated PA space can transfer this to another member in the RIPE NCC service region, provided:
- The address space is registered in the RIPE NCC service region
- The address space block is not smaller than a /22
- No part of the address space has been sub-allocated or assigned to a downstream End User
- The address space is not transferred outside of the RIPE NCC service region
- The address space has not been received as part of a transfer within the last 24 months
To Get Started With The Transfer
To get started with a transfer of allocated PA space, either the transferring or receiving member can contact the RIPE NCC to open a transfer ticket.
Email lir-help _at_ ripe _dot_ net and include:
- The resources being transferred (if all of the transferring member's resources are being transferred, confirmation of this is required)
- The Transfer Agreement signed by both parties
- The company name and contact details of both parties
- Recent company registration papers for both part