Transfer of Allocated PA Space
RIPE NCC members can transfer Provider Aggregatable (PA) IPv4 address space, which is space that was originally allocated by the RIPE NCC.
Who Can Receive a Transfer of Allocated PA Space
In order to be eligible to receive a transfer of allocated PA space from another organisation, the receiving party must:
- Be a member of the RIPE NCC
- Have the transfer approved by the RIPE NCC according to the requirements outlined in the existing
IPv4 address space can also be transferred as part of a merger or acquisition.
Who Can Transfer Allocated PA Space
Any legitimate holder of allocated PA space can transfer this to another member in the RIPE NCC service region, provided:
- The address space is registered in the RIPE NCC service region
- The address space block is not smaller than a /22
- The address space is not transferred outside of the RIPE NCC service region
- The address space has not been received as part of a transfer within the last 24 months
To Get Started With The Transfer
To get started with a transfer of allocated PA space, either the transferring or receiving member can contact the RIPE NCC to open a transfer ticket.
Email lir-help _at_ ripe _dot_ net and include:
- The resources being transferred (if all of the transferring member's resources are being transferred, confirmation of this is required)
- The Transfer Agreement signed by both parties
- The company name and contact details of both parties
- Recent company registration papers for both parties
- Whether the transfer is to be permanent or temporary (in the case of a temporary transfer, specify until what date the resources are to be transferred)
Further Detail on Transfers
For further detail refer to the RIPE Document "Transfer of Internet Number Resource Records and Change of Members Official Legal Name".