Do I need to be a member of the RIPE NCC to receive an IPv4 transfer?

For the most part, yes. The receiving organisation will need to be a member in the case of:

  • A transfer of allocated Provider Aggregatable (PA) space from another LIR
  • A transfer of PA space through a merger or acquisition (though the receiving party may become a member as the transfer is processed)


There are cases where the recipient of transferred space will not need to be a member:

  • In the case of a merger or acquisition where the organisation receiving PI space has a sponsoring LIR