FAQ: Company Registration Document
- Why are company registration documents now always required? →
The RIPE NCC has changed its procedures. Now, we always require company registration documents to be submitted with direct End User Internet resource requests. This is so we can verify that registration data is correct. Increased levels of network abuse has made this necessary.
- What is a company registration document? →
The company registration document is a written statement from the Government in your country which confirms that the company legally exists.
- Why do I need to provide a company registration document? →
We require a company registration document so we can confirm the company's existence and to document the ownership for future reference should the status of the company change.
- In what format should I send you the document? →
You can attach the document as a PDF, GIF, JPG, BMP, PNG or TIF.
You can also send the document by post or fax. If so, please clearly label the document with the ticket number you will receive after sending us a request for Internet number resources.
- What are the requirements for faxes and digital images? →
A fax or digital image can be sent to us as long as all text is readable. We must be able to see which governmental organisation issued the document as well as the name of the company that is requesting Internet number resources.
- Will the document be securely stored? →
Yes. As with all data you send us, confidentiality is guaranteed. This document will be stored and used only for internal purposes. We will never share your data with any other parties.
- Can I just include a link to the national business registry where my company is listed? →
No. In the information you send, we must see what name the company was registered as at the time your Internet number resource request was approved.
- Should I translate the documents into English? →
If you have an English translation available, please send it to us, together with the original. If you do not have an English version, please send us the document in its original language. Our IP Resource Analysts are proficient in several languages but we may have to ask you for a translation if we cannot understand it.
- What if there are no registration papers for the company? →
It is possible to request Internet number resources as a private individual. In this case, please include a copy of a picture ID from the End User instead of a company registration paper.