What we do
The RIPE NCC is an independent, not-for-profit membership organisation that supports the infrastructure of the Internet through technical coordination in its service region. The most prominent activity of the RIPE NCC is to act as the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) providing global Internet resources and related services (IPv4, IPv6 and AS Number resources) to members in the RIPE NCC service region.
The membership consists mainly of Internet Service Providers (ISPs), telecommunication organisations and large corporations located in Europe, the Middle East and parts of Central Asia.
The RIPE NCC also provides services for the benefit of the Internet community at large.
- Download About the RIPE NCC (PDF, 4.7 MB)
RIPE NCC services include:
Other activities include:
- Outreach activities with governments and industry-related organisations
- Management of one of the 13 root name servers (K-root)
- Deployment of a routing database
- Coordination support for ENUM delegations
- Neutral measuring network that provides publicly accessible and authoritative statistics on the operation of the Internet
All RIPE NCC activities and services are listed in the RIPE NCC Activity Plan.