News & Announcements
- RIPE NCC Survey 2013 Key Findings and Results
The RIPE NCC has published a document detailing the actions taken in response to the RIPE NCC Survey 2013.
- RIPE NCC Report on IGF 2014
The ninth annual Internet Governance Forum (IGF) concluded on Friday, 5 September, in Istanbul, Turkey. The five days of wide-ranging Internet governance discussions attracted nearly 2,500 on-site participants, with more than 1,000 more online.
- RIPE NCC Receives Another Allocation from IANA's Recovered IPv4 Pool
On 2 September 2014, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) each received the equivalent of a /12 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The RIPE NCC was allocated the IPv4 address range 126.96.36.199/12, which will be added to our available pool.
- RIPE NCC Re-affirms Commitment to Operate K-root Name Server
The RIPE NCC has been providing DNS root name service at k.root-servers.net since 1997. As the global Internet community considers changes to the NTIA oversight of key DNS functions, the RIPE NCC wishes to assure the Internet community that our commitment to providing this service and to coordinating appropriately with ICANN and the other root server operators will not be affected by the outcome of these discussions.
- NRO NC Call for Nominations
Call for nominations for the NRO NC from the RIPE NCC service region for 2014
- Update on IANA Stewardship Discussions: ICG Meeting and IETF 90
In recent weeks, two significant community discussions regarding the transition of stewardship of the IANA functions have taken place. The following summaries are provided as feedback to the RIPE community and include links to more detailed reports.
- 94th Executive Board Meeting - Summary Notes and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 94th meeting on 19 June 2014.
- RIPE NCC Treasury Statute 2014
On 19 June 2014, the RIPE NCC Executive Board and the RIPE NCC Management signed the RIPE NCC Treasury Statute, which sets out the principles regarding the stable management of the RIPE NCC reserves
- Closure of Test Traffic Measurements Service and Changes to the DNS Monitoring Service
On 1 July 2014, the RIPE NCC Test Traffic Measurements Service (TTM) was shut down and the old DNS Monitoring Service (DNSMON) was phased out.
- ICANN 50: Talking IANA and Accountability
More than 3,000 people gathered in London last week to participate in the largest ever ICANN meeting. Some of the key issues discussed included the evolution of IANA stewardship arrangements and ICANN's accountability to its many stakeholders.