News & Announcements
- World IPv6 Launch: RIPE NCC Activities
World IPv6 Launch takes place today, 6 June 2012, marking a key milestone in the development of the Internet. Major Internet service providers (ISPs), manufacturers and content providers around the world are coming together to permanently enable IPv6 for their products and services.
- RIPE NCC Returns Legacy Address Space to IANA
On 6 May 2012, the ICANN Board ratified GPP-IPv4-2011, "Global Policy for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms" by IANA.
- Internet Number Resources Approved to the RIPE NCC
Based on RIPE Policy Document ripe-476, "Allocating/Assigning Resources to the RIPE NCC", the RIPE NCC pool of Arbiters has approved IPv4-, IPv6- and ASN resources to the RIPE NCC's MENOG IPv6 roadshow network.
- RIPE NCC and AfriNIC Contribute to the Launch of Arab Internet Governance Forum
New initiative demonstrates ongoing cooperation between region’s governments and technical community
- RIPE NCC Chief Scientist, Daniel Karrenberg, Inducted into Internet Hall of Fame
The RIPE NCC is delighted to announce that its Chief Scientist, Daniel Karrenberg, has been inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame as a Global Connector.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting April 2012
- RIPE NCC Looks to the Next 20 Years as it Celebrates 20th Anniversary
RIPE 64 Meeting opens in Slovenia with more than 350 Internet experts gathering to discuss the evolution of IP infrastructure
- RIPE NCC Publishes Latest Member Update
- RIPE NCC - 20 Years Serving The RIPE Community
In April 1992, the RIPE NCC was established to coordinate and support the activities of the RIPE community and to function as a European Internet Registry (later a Regional Internet Registry) responsible for the distribution and management of Internet number resources. This month, the RIPE NCC celebrates 20 years of serving the RIPE community.
- RIPE NCC Membership Reaches 8,000
On 23 March 2012, the RIPE NCC was joined by its 8,000th member, marking a milestone in the history of the Amsterdam based, not-for-profit organisation.