- ASO AC Workshop Held at ICANN 41
Representatives of the ASO Address Council (AC) hosted a workshop on regional IP addressing activities on 22 June 2011 at ICANN 41, held in Singapore.
- G8 Governments Urged to Embrace Multistakeholder Approach to Internet Issues
Consultations should include organizations key to the Internet’s success as a platform for global economic growth and social progress.
- APNIC Announces its IPv4 Address Pool Reaches Final /8
APNIC announced that as of Friday, 15 April 2011, its IPv4 address pool reached the Final /8 IPv4 address block, bringing the Asia Pacific region to the last Stage of IPv4 exhaustion. This is a very important milestone on the IPv4 exhaustion process at a global level.
- APNIC Appoints Andy Linton to the ASO AC
The NRO is pleased to announce that APNIC has appointed Andy Linton to the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). This is an interim appointment ending 31 December 2011, to replace Dr. Kenny Huang, who was recently elected to the APNIC Executive Council.
- NRO Letter to ICANN: The Future of the IANA Contract
- New NRO Video on Resource Certification
The NRO is pleased to present this Resource Certification video, which explains the purpose and importance of resource certification and the security benefits it offers the Internet community.
- Kenny Huang resigns from ASO AC
Kenny Huang, who represented the APNIC region on the ASO AC, has resigned from his position, effective 25 February 2011. His resignation comes as a result of being elected to serve on the APNIC Executive Council (EC) during the APNIC 31 AMM on 25 February 2011.
- NRO Submits Response to ITU IPv6 Group on Country Internet Registry (CIR) Model
At the second ITU IPv6 Group meeting, held in September 2010, it was decided to send a number of Liaison Statements to organizations with expertise or an interest in the issues under discussion at the IPv6 Group. Liaison Statement 5 included a specific request for responses from the IETF, IAB, ICANN, ACSIS, and the NRO.
- NRO Letter to ICANN Re: Discuss Move to a Single Trust Anchor
On 24 February the NRO sent ICANN a letter asking to enter into discussions with ICANN on moving forward with an operational global trust anchor for resource certification. The NRO expressed interest in tasking ICANN with the management of the this single trust anchor.
- NRO contribution to the IGF February Open Consultation
Suggestions for the IGF 2001 program - An NRO Constribution to the February open consultants (This document only available as a PDF).