- LACNIC’s IPv4 Address Pool Now Down to a /9
LACNIC’s IPv4 address pool is now down to 8,388,606 addresses, which is equivalent to a /9. This fact triggers a new phase of the IPv4 exhaustion plan designed by LACNIC for Latin America and the Caribbean based on the policies approved by the regional community.
- I* Post-NETmundial Meeting Statement
Leaders of the organizations responsible for coordination of the Internet technical infrastructure (loosely referred to as “I* leaders”) met on 25 April in São Paulo, Brazil following the NETmundial meeting. During the 1-day I* leaders meeting, the group considered a range of issues where dialogue among Internet technical organisations is useful.
- NRO Response to ICANN Consultation on the Transition of NTIA’s Stewardship of the IANA Functions
Response from the Number Resource Organization (NRO) to ICANN’s Call for Public input on “Draft Proposal, Based on Initial Community Feedback, of the Principles and Mechanisms and the Process to Develop a Proposal to Transition NTIA’s Stewardship of the IANA Functions”
- Internet Technical Leaders Welcome IANA Globalization Progress
The leaders of the Internet technical organizations responsible for coordination of the Internet infrastructure (IETF, IAB, RIRs, ccTLD ROs, ICANN, ISOC, and W3C), welcome the US Government’s announcement of the suggested changes related to the IANA functions contract.
- NRO Contributes to NETmundial
The Number Resource Organization (NRO) on behalf of the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), AFRINIC, APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC, and the RIPE NCC submitted a contribution to the to the Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance, NETmundial.
- Statement from the I* Leaders Coordination Meeting
Statement from the I* Leaders Coordination Meeting, Santa Monica, 14 February 2014
- 2-byte Autonomous System (AS) Number Pool Nearing Depletion
In September 2013, the IANA issued its last remaining full block (1024) of 2-byte AS numbers, with 512 going to APNIC and 512 going to Ripe NCC. Of the 65,536 total AS numbers in the 2-byte pool, there now remain just 496.
- Hartmut Glaser Reappointed to NRO Number Council
The LACNIC Board reappointed Hartmut Glaser as member of the NRO Number Council. His new term will expire on Dec. 31st, 2014.
- AFRINIC Confirms 2 Positions in the NRO NC / ASO AC
AFRINIC Confirms 2 Positions in the NRO NC / ASO AC
- APNIC EC Appoints Aftab Siddiqui to NRO NC / ASO AC
Aftab Siddiqui has been appointed by the APNIC Executive Council (EC) to serve a one-year term on the Number Resource Organization Number Council, which fulfils the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council, from January to December 2014.