News: Industry Developments
- Internet Community Gathers in Dubrovnik to Discuss Regional and Global Issues
First RIPE NCC Regional Meeting in South East Europe to take place in Dubrovnik from 6th – 9th September 2011
- NRO Communication to ICANN on RPKI Global Trust Anchor
Dear Elise, On behalf of the NRO, I’d like to request a meeting with you...
- NRO Response to NTIA Request for Further Comments on IANA Functions
On 28 July 2011, the NRO submitted a response to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration Request for comments on the Further Notice of Inquiry on The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions.
- ITAC endorses OECD Communique on Internet Policy-Making
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), at the conclusion of its recent High Level Meeting on the Internet Economy, issued a communique and press release of interest to the NRO community.
- NRO participated at OECD High Level Meeting, 27-28 June
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) High Level Meeting on the Internet Economy was held in Paris on 27-28 June 2011. The NRO, attending this meeting as part of the Internet Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC) to the OECD, was represented by Vint Cerf, ARIN Board.
- Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey 2011
- ASO AC Workshop Held at ICANN 41
Representatives of the ASO Address Council (AC) hosted a workshop on regional IP addressing activities on 22 June 2011 at ICANN 41, held in Singapore.
- NRO Letter to ICANN: The Future of the IANA Contract
- Kenny Huang resigns from ASO AC
Kenny Huang, who represented the APNIC region on the ASO AC, has resigned from his position, effective 25 February 2011. His resignation comes as a result of being elected to serve on the APNIC Executive Council (EC) during the APNIC 31 AMM on 25 February 2011.
- NRO Submits Response to ITU IPv6 Group on Country Internet Registry (CIR) Model
At the second ITU IPv6 Group meeting, held in September 2010, it was decided to send a number of Liaison Statements to organizations with expertise or an interest in the issues under discussion at the IPv6 Group. Liaison Statement 5 included a specific request for responses from the IETF, IAB, ICANN, ACSIS, and the NRO.