News: Industry Developments
- ASO Review Report Published
After its review of the ASO, ITEMS International has produced its report, which has now been accepted by the NRO. This report has been submitted to ICANN, which will shortly launch a public comment process.
- Increase in IPv6-Enabled Networks
- Call for ASO Address Council Representative Nominations for LACNIC Region
The LACNIC region has issued an open call for nominations for a representative to fill one (1) seat on the NRO Number Council / ASO Address Council to cover the vacancy generated by the position of Sebastián Bellagamba whose term ends on December 31st 2012. The elected representative must be willing to serve a term of three years starting on January 1st 2013.
- Comment Period for ICANN Board Seat 9 Election
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is responsible for the appointment of a representative to serve on Seat Number 9 of the ICANN Board. The ASO AC is pleased to announce the following four candidates for its upcoming appointment. The Candidates are: Thomas Eric Brunner-Williams Martin J. Levy William Manning Raymond Alan Plzak
- Alan P. Barret’s term on the NRO NC has been extended
The AfriNIC board is pleased to announce that Alan Barret’s term on the NRO NC has been extended. He will serve a two-year term that runs from 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2013.
- APNIC Appoints Andy Linton to NRO NC
APNIC is pleased to announce that Andy Linton has been appointed as a representative to the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC) for the APNIC region for a one-year term starting 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2012.
- AfriNIC Elects Douglas Onyango to NRO NC
AfriNIC is pleased to announce that Douglas Onyango was elected to serve on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC). He will serve a three-year term that runs from 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2014.
- Independent Review of ICANN ASO - Share Your Views
- ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 9 on the ICANN Board
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) calls for nominations for Seat Number 9 on the ICANN Board. The nomination period will close at 23:59 UTC on 16 January 2012.
- Survey Results Predict Global Internet Service Providers’ IPv6 Adoption to Increase in 2012
70 per cent of global Internet Service Providers (ISPs) surveyed plan to adopt IPv6 by the end of next year.