News: Industry Developments
- NRO’s Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey Shows IPv6 Gaining Traction
The results of the 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey are now available.
- REMINDER: ASO AC Call for Nominations for Seat 10 on the ICANN Board
On 17 August 2012, the ASO AC called for nominations for the ASO appointment to Seat 10 on the ICANN Board of Directors. The nomination period will end on 19 October 2012.
- Naresh Ajwani re-elected to NRO NC
APNIC is pleased to announce that Naresh Ajwani has been re-elected as a representative to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) for the APNIC region.
- 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Survey is now closed
Following an extended submission period, the 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Survey was closed on Friday, 13 July 2012.
- ASO AC Re-elects Raymond Plzak to ICANN Board
The ASO Address Council (AC) has selected Raymond Alan Plzak to fill Seat 9 on the ICANN Board for a three-year term.
- 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Survey Now Open
As in previous years, the Number Resource Organization invites you to participate in the 3rd consecutive IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey on the current and future use of IPv6.
- ICANN Formally Announces GPP-IPv4-2011 Ratification
ICANN has formally announced news that the ICANN Board has ratified the Global Policy Proposal for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA.
- LACNIC Elects New Representative to the NRO NC / ASO AC
LACNIC is pleased to announce the election of Ricardo Patara as the representative of the LACNIC region to the ASO Address Council/NRO Number Council. The election was held on May 11th, 2012, during the LACNIC XVII meeting in the city of Quito, Ecuador.
- Joint NRO / ASO AC Response to ASO Review Report
In accordance with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Bylaws, the Number Resource Organization (NRO) undertakes independent periodic reviews of the Address Supporting Organization (ASO).
- NRO Welcomes Public Comments on the ASO Review Report
In accordance with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Bylaws, the Number Resource Organization (NRO) undertakes independent periodic reviews of the Address Supporting Organization (ASO). ITEMS International, a consultancy engaged by the NRO to conduct this current review, has delivered its report. The report is open for public comment and is available for download as a PDF document.