News: Industry Developments
- NRO Communication to ICANN on RPKI Global Trust Anchor
Dear Elise, On behalf of the NRO, I’d like to request a meeting with you...
- NRO Response to NTIA Request for Further Comments on IANA Functions
On 28 July 2011, the NRO submitted a response to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration Request for comments on the Further Notice of Inquiry on The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) Functions.
- ITAC endorses OECD Communique on Internet Policy-Making
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), at the conclusion of its recent High Level Meeting on the Internet Economy, issued a communique and press release of interest to the NRO community.
- NRO participated at OECD High Level Meeting, 27-28 June
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s (OECD) High Level Meeting on the Internet Economy was held in Paris on 27-28 June 2011. The NRO, attending this meeting as part of the Internet Technical Advisory Committee (ITAC) to the OECD, was represented by Vint Cerf, ARIN Board.
- Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey 2011
- ASO AC Workshop Held at ICANN 41
Representatives of the ASO Address Council (AC) hosted a workshop on regional IP addressing activities on 22 June 2011 at ICANN 41, held in Singapore.
- NRO Letter to ICANN: The Future of the IANA Contract
- Kenny Huang resigns from ASO AC
Kenny Huang, who represented the APNIC region on the ASO AC, has resigned from his position, effective 25 February 2011. His resignation comes as a result of being elected to serve on the APNIC Executive Council (EC) during the APNIC 31 AMM on 25 February 2011.
- NRO Submits Response to ITU IPv6 Group on Country Internet Registry (CIR) Model
At the second ITU IPv6 Group meeting, held in September 2010, it was decided to send a number of Liaison Statements to organizations with expertise or an interest in the issues under discussion at the IPv6 Group. Liaison Statement 5 included a specific request for responses from the IETF, IAB, ICANN, ACSIS, and the NRO.
- NRO Letter to ICANN Re: Discuss Move to a Single Trust Anchor
On 24 February the NRO sent ICANN a letter asking to enter into discussions with ICANN on moving forward with an operational global trust anchor for resource certification. The NRO expressed interest in tasking ICANN with the management of the this single trust anchor.