News: Industry Developments
- NRO preparing for IGF 2013 in Bali, Indonesia
As the eighth Internet Governance Forum (IGF) approaches, the Number Resource Organization (NRO) invites all members of the global Internet community to participate in this open dialogue on Internet governance where all stakeholders meet on an equal footing.
- Montevideo Statement on the Future of Internet Cooperation
Montevideo, Uruguay – The leaders of organizations responsible for coordination of the Internet technical infrastructure globally have met in Montevideo, Uruguay, to consider current issues affecting the future of the Internet.
- NRO's 2013 Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey Results
The results of the NRO’s 2013 Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey are now available. This is the 4th global survey to be run and establishes that most organizations recognize the importance of transitioning to IPv6.
- APNIC Community Re-elects Representative to the NRO NC / ASO AC
During the last APNIC 36 Open Policy Meeting in Xian China, Tomohiro Fujisaki has been re-elected as representative of the APNIC region to the NRO Number Council/ASO Address Council. The new term will be from January 1, 2014 until December 31, 2015.
- RIPE NCC Commits Additional Support to the Internet Governance Forum
The RIPE NCC has announced that it will provide 50,000 USD in financial support for the upcoming Internet Governance Forum (IGF) event in Bali, Indonesia.
- RIPE NCC Responds to UN CSTD Questionnaire on Enhanced Cooperation
In late 2012, the United Nations General Assembly invited the Chair of the Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) to establish a working group to examine the mandate of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) regarding "enhanced cooperation".
- Joint RIR response to ITU CWG Consultation on IPv4 Addresses
The five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) – AFRINIC, APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and RIPE NCC, have drafted a joint response to the ITU Council Working Group consultation on international public policy issues concerning the current global situation regarding IPv4 address space.
- New Global Extended Statistics Report
The Number Resource Organization (NRO), the coordinating body of the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), is proud to announce the creation of extended statistics data to provide an overview of global Internet resource distribution.
- The 4th Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey is Open Now
As in previous years, the Number Resource Organization (NRO) invites you to participate in the 4th consecutive Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey on the current and future use of IPv6.
- ASO AC re-elects Kuo Wei Wu to ICANN Board
The ASO Address Council (AC) is pleased to announce that Mr Kuo Wei Wu has been re-elected to fill Seat 10 on the ICANN Board for a three-year term.