Proposal to change the RIPE Database schema for abuse contact information
The purpose of this proposal is to change the RIPE Database schema to make abuse contact information more visible, available and useful to users.
The main changes we propose are:
- To hide attributes that contain e-mail addresses in the default output of queries. We will provide an option to disable this feature.
- To add a new "abuse-mailbox:" attribute to person, role, irt, mntner and organisation objects.
- To provide an option to display only key attributes and abuse contacts.
- To change the irt object template so that the "signature:" and "encryption:" attributes are no longer mandatory.
- To change the behaviour of the '-c' switch in whois queries.
- We will announce the changes on our website. We will also contact any third-party software developers who rely on the RIPE Database for abuse contact information.
You can read the minutes from the Database Working Group discussion at:
Full Text of Proposal
The full text of the proposal is available here:
Along with this proposal, new object ordering will be implemented: