IPv4 Policy Document and Request Forms Updated
28 October 2004
The RIPE NCC has updated the policy document, "IPv4 Address Allocation and Assignment Policies for the RIPE NCC Service Region". This update documents the recent changes to the policy for allocation sizes as follows:
- Minimum first allocation size is /21.
- Minimum first allocation size for LIRs operating in Africa is /22.
As a consequence of this update, and in order to incorporate other input, we have also updated the following documents:
- Supporting Notes for the Provider Independent (PI) Assignment Request Form.
- Provider Independent (PI) Assignment Request Form.
- Supporting Notes for the IPv4 First Allocation Request Form.
- Supporting Notes for the Autonomous System Number Request Form.
- AS Number Request Form.
There will be no change to the way you complete the request forms. As the updates to the forms listed above are purely textual, the version number of the forms will not change.