About RIPE and the RIPE NCC
- Update on Court Proceedings Between RIPE NCC and State of the Netherlands
The RIPE NCC appeared in court on 29 November 2012 after it filed a summons against the state of the Netherlands following a police order it received on 8 November 2011 to temporarily "lock" registrations in the RIPE Database. The RIPE NCC filed the summons because it wants the Dutch court to clarify what the RIPE NCC's obligations are for such orders in the future.
- Monitor the Syrian Internet Blackout with RIPEstat
- Update: Summons of the RIPE NCC Against the State of the Netherlands
The State submitted a statement of defence on 20 June 2012, where it defended the right of the police and the prosecutor to issue orders based on Article 2 of the Police Act at their discretion and it doubted the jurisdiction of the civil court to judge them in this case.
- Proposal for New RIPE NCC Charging Scheme Model
- Royal Honour Bestowed on Kees Neggers, Former RIPE NCC Executive Board Chairman
On 20 June 2012, Kees Neggers, who served on the RIPE NCC Executive Board from 1999 to 2008, was made an Officer in the Order of Orange Nassau (Orde van Oranje Nassau).
- 1,000th LIR Requests Resource Certificate from the RIPE NCC
On 21 June 2012, 18 months after the RIPE NCC launched its Resource Certification (RPKI) service, the 1,000th LIR has requested a digital certificate for their Internet number resources.
- RIPE 65 Meeting - Registration Open
Registration is now open for the RIPE 65 Meeting in Amsterdam
- Internet Number Resources Approved to the RIPE NCC
Based on RIPE Policy Document ripe-476, "Allocating/Assigning Resources to the RIPE NCC", the RIPE NCC pool of Arbiters has approved IPv4-, IPv6- and ASN resources to the RIPE NCC's MENOG IPv6 roadshow network.
- RIPE NCC and AfriNIC Contribute to the Launch of Arab Internet Governance Forum
New initiative demonstrates ongoing cooperation between region’s governments and technical community
- RIPE NCC Chief Scientist, Daniel Karrenberg, Inducted into Internet Hall of Fame
The RIPE NCC is delighted to announce that its Chief Scientist, Daniel Karrenberg, has been inducted into the Internet Hall of Fame as a Global Connector.