News & Announcements
- RIPE NCC Awards Youth Fellowships to Internet Governance Forum
As part of an ongoing effort to increase youth participation in the global dialogue about Internet governance, the RIPE NCC offers fellowships that allow young people from the RIPE NCC service region to attend regional Internet Governance Forums (IGFs). Thanks to these fellowships, Thijl Klerkx (19) from the Netherlands and Ana Kakalashvili (20) from Georgia attended the second Arab IGF, which took place this week in Algeria.
- RIPE NCC Member Update October 2013
The RIPE NCC Member Update October 2013 is now online.
- Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014
The Draft RIPE NCC Activity Plan and Budget 2014 is now available for members to review.
- Results of RIPE NCC Survey 2013
The Oxford Internet Institute (OII) report on the results of the RIPE NCC Survey 2013 is now published. The full report also contains the raw data with all statistics and responses to open questions.
- 90th Executive Board Meeting - Summary and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 90th meeting on 27 August 2013.
- RIPE NCC Roundtable Meeting Discusses IETF, Internet Security and RIPE Policy Development
The RIPE NCC hosted a Roundtable Meeting for Governments and Regulators on Tuesday, 10 September 2013, in Amsterdam, bringing together around 30 participants from governments, regulators and the Internet technical community.
- Netnod Selected to Host RIPE NCC "Warm Node"
On 1 July 2013, the RIPE NCC issued a call for organisations willing to host a "warm node" able operate some of the RIPE NCC's critical services in case of a major disaster in the Amsterdam area. In response, we received expressions of interest from 88 organisations, of which 22 submitted a full Request for Proposal (RFP).
- RIPE NCC Commits Additional Support to the Internet Governance Forum
The RIPE NCC has announced that it will provide 50,000 USD in financial support for the upcoming Internet Governance Forum (IGF) event in Bali, Indonesia.
- RIPE NCC Responds to UN CSTD Questionnaire on Enhanced Cooperation
In late 2012, the United Nations General Assembly invited the Chair of the Commission on Science and Technology for Development (CSTD) to establish a working group to examine the mandate of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) regarding "enhanced cooperation".
- RIPE NCC General Meeting October 2013: Registration Open
The RIPE NCC General Meeting (GM), which will take from October 16-17 2013 at the Athenaeum Hotel in Athens, Greece. The GM takes place alongside the RIPE 67 Meeting, which runs from 14-18 October.