News & Announcements
- Update on IANA Oversight Discussions: ICG Meeting and IETF 90
In recent weeks, two significant community discussions regarding the transition of oversight of the IANA functions have taken place. The following summaries are provided as feedback to the RIPE community and include links to more detailed reports.
- 94th Executive Board Meeting - Summary Notes and Minutes
The RIPE NCC Executive Board held its 94th meeting on 19 June 2014.
- RIPE NCC Treasury Statute 2014
On 19 June 2014, the RIPE NCC Executive Board and the RIPE NCC Management signed the RIPE NCC Treasury Statute, which sets out the principles regarding the stable management of the RIPE NCC reserves
- Closure of Test Traffic Measurements Service and Changes to the DNS Monitoring Service
On 1 July 2014, the RIPE NCC Test Traffic Measurements Service (TTM) was shut down and the old DNS Monitoring Service (DNSMON) was phased out.
- ICANN 50: Talking IANA and Accountability
More than 3,000 people gathered in London last week to participate in the largest ever ICANN meeting. Some of the key issues discussed included the evolution of IANA oversight arrangements and ICANN's accountability to its many stakeholders.
- Olaf Kolkman Steps Down From the RIPE NCC Arbiters Panel
Olaf Kolkman has stepped down from the RIPE NCC Arbiters Panel
- RIPE NCC Amsterdam Office Opening Hours on 4 July 2014
The RIPE NCC Amsterdam office will be closed on Friday, 4 July 2014.
- RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Almaty
The RIPE NCC Regional Meeting Almaty took place in Kazakhstan on 9 June 2014.
- RIPE NCC Receives Allocation from IANA's Recovered IPv4 Pool
On 20 May 2014, the RIPE NCC and other Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) each received the equivalent of a /11 of IPv4 address space from the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The RIPE NCC was allocated the IPv4 address range 188.8.131.52/11, which will be added to our available pool.
- RIPE NCC General Meeting May 2014