Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- NRO NC Call for Nominations: RIPE NCC Service Region
There is a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC). The three-year term of Hans Petter Holen ends on 31 December 2013.
- Joint RIR response to ITU CWG Consultation on IPv4 Addresses
The five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) – AFRINIC, APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and RIPE NCC, have drafted a joint response to the ITU Council Working Group consultation on international public policy issues concerning the current global situation regarding IPv4 address space.
- New Global Extended Statistics Report
The Number Resource Organization (NRO), the coordinating body of the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), is proud to announce the creation of extended statistics data to provide an overview of global Internet resource distribution.
- The 4th Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey is Open Now
As in previous years, the Number Resource Organization (NRO) invites you to participate in the 4th consecutive Global IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey on the current and future use of IPv6.
- ASO AC re-elects Kuo Wei Wu to ICANN Board
The ASO Address Council (AC) is pleased to announce that Mr Kuo Wei Wu has been re-elected to fill Seat 10 on the ICANN Board for a three-year term.
- Message From the NRO Regarding the First Anniversary of the World IPv6 Launch
The Number Resource Organization (NRO), representing all five of the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), joins the Internet Society (ISOC) in celebrating the first anniversary of World IPv6 Launch. The NRO continues to directly support the efforts of the Internet community at all levels to facilitate global adoption of IPv6.
- NRO Calls for Greater Investment in IPv6 Deployment
The Number Resource Organization (NRO) has reiterated the need to enhance efforts to deploy and adopt IPv6 around the world. The organization said IPv6 is a critical factor in global telecommunications and will determine the stability of the Internet in the near future given the impending exhaustion of IPv4.
- RIPE NCC Report on the ITU WTPF-13
The International Telecommunication Union (ITU) held its fifth World Telecommunications/ICT Policy Forum (WTPF) in Geneva from 14-16 May 2013.
- Lacnic Community elects Jorge Villa to NRO NC / ASO AC
Lacnic is pleased to announce the election of Jorge Villa to the Number Resource Organisation Number Council (NRO NC). Jorge will serve in the NRO NC as a representative of the Lacnic region until 31 December 2014. The position fell vacant after the departure of Alejandro Guzman.
- NRO Executive Council appoints permanent NRO Executive Secretary
The NRO EC is pleased to announce that German Valdez has been appointed the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Executive Secretary.
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.