Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- NRO Participation at the Internet Governance Forum in Istanbul
The Internet Governance Forum (IGF) is an open, multi-stakeholder forum which facilitates discussions on public policy issues related to Internet governance, such as the Internet’s sustainability, robustness, security, stability and development.
- NRO Publishes RIR Governance Matrix
The five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs) operate within robust governance frameworks that ensure effectiveness of their corporate structures, transparency of processes, and accountability to members and communities. These frameworks vary across the five RIRs, according to legal requirements and regional policies, but all are transparently accessible and publicly documented.
- ASO AC Appoints Hans Petter Holen to the ICANN 2015 NomCom
The Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is pleased to announce that it has re-appointed Hans Petter Holen as their delegate for the 2015 ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom).
- Sander Steffann
NRO NC Nomination 2014 : Confirmed Nominee : Sander Steffan
- NRO NC Call for Nominations
Call for nominations for the NRO NC from the RIPE NCC service region for 2014
- NRO NC Nominations 2014
NRO NC Nominations 2014
- NRO response to ICANN call for public comments on Enhancing ICANN’s Accountability
Response from the Number Resource Organization (NRO) to ICANN’s Call for Public comments on Enhancing ICANN’s Accountability.
- IANA Oversight Transition Coordination Group: Hartmut Glaser Selected as ASO Representative
Developing a single proposal for future oversight of the IANA functions will require the coordination of many different viewpoints from stakeholders around the world. To facilitate this process, a Coordination Group of 25 representatives from a range of interested stakeholder groups is currently being assembled.
- IANA Oversight Transition Coordination Group: Adiel Akplogan and Paul Wilson Selected as NRO Representatives
Developing a single proposal for future oversight of the IANA functions will require the coordination of many different viewpoints from stakeholders around the world. To facilitate this process, a Coordination Group of 25 representatives from a range of interested stakeholder groups is currently being assembled
- Coordination Group to Develop Process for NTIA Stewardship Transition
ICANN recently released information describing the next steps for the transition of NTIA’s stewardship of the IANA functions. According to this new information, there is call for the creation of a Coordination Group representing the main ICANN community stakeholders, including the ASO and NRO groups.
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.