Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- About the NRO NC
About the NRO NC 2013
- NRO NC Nomination Process
NRO NC Nomination Process 2013
- Confirmed Nominees
NRO Number Council (NRO NC) Nomination Process 2013: Confirmed Nominees
- NRO NC Nominations 2012
There was a call for nominations from the RIPE NCC service region to fill one vacant seat on the Number Resource Organization (NRO) Number Council (NC).
- 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Survey is now closed
Following an extended submission period, the 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Survey was closed on Friday, 13 July 2012.
- ASO AC Re-elects Raymond Plzak to ICANN Board
The ASO Address Council (AC) has selected Raymond Alan Plzak to fill Seat 9 on the ICANN Board for a three-year term.
- 2012 Global IPv6 Deployment Survey Now Open
As in previous years, the Number Resource Organization invites you to participate in the 3rd consecutive IPv6 Deployment Monitoring Survey on the current and future use of IPv6.
- ICANN Formally Announces GPP-IPv4-2011 Ratification
ICANN has formally announced news that the ICANN Board has ratified the Global Policy Proposal for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA.
- LACNIC Elects New Representative to the NRO NC / ASO AC
LACNIC is pleased to announce the election of Ricardo Patara as the representative of the LACNIC region to the ASO Address Council/NRO Number Council. The election was held on May 11th, 2012, during the LACNIC XVII meeting in the city of Quito, Ecuador.
- Joint NRO / ASO AC Response to ASO Review Report
In accordance with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) Bylaws, the Number Resource Organization (NRO) undertakes independent periodic reviews of the Address Supporting Organization (ASO).
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.