Number Resource Organization
- Protect the unallocated Number Resource pool,
- Promote and protect the bottom up policy development process, and
- Act as a focal point for Internet community input into the RIR system.
- NRO and ICANN comment on ITU Secretary General’s WTPF Report
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) and the Number Resource Organization (NRO) have written to the chair of the Informal Expert Group (IEG) of the World Telecommunication Policy Forum 2013 providing further comments on the International Telecommunication Union’s Secretary-General WTPF Report.
- Andy Linton reappointed to the ASO Address Council
APNIC is pleased to announce that Andy Linton has been reappointed by the APNIC Executive Council as a member of the ASO Address Council for 2013. He will be representing the APNIC region for a one-year term starting 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2013
- NRO Observations on WCIT-12 process
The Number Resource Organization, representing the world’s five Regional Internet address Registries, issues the following statement from Dubai, the site of the recent World Conference on International Telecommunications.
- RIPE NCC Report on IGF 2012
- “Stop the Net Grab”: NRO shares concerns about the WCIT process
The Number Resource Organization (NRO), the body representing the five Regional Internet Registries (RIRs), today expressed its support for the “Stop the Net Grab” campaign that is being spearheaded by the International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) in the lead-up to the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT-12).
- NRO Contribution to the WCIT Public Consultation Process
The five Regional Internet Registries contributed views in response to the ITU’s public consultation in preparation of the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) to be held in Dubai in December 2012, where the International Telecommunications Regulations (ITRs) will be reviewed.
- Confirmed Candidates for ICANN Board Seat 10 Election
Consistent with the ASO Memorandum of Understanding and ICANN Bylaws, the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC) is responsible for the appointment of a representative to serve on Seat Number 10 of the ICANN Board.
- ARIN Elects Louis Lee to NRO NC / ASO AC
ARIN is pleased to announce that Louis Lee has been re-elected to the Number Resource Organization Number Council (NRO NC) from the ARIN region. He will begin serving another three-year term on 1 January 2013.
- ICANN GPP-IPv4-2011 Implementation Comment Period
ICANN has announced a Public Comment Period relating to the implementation of GPP-IPv4-2011: Global Policy Proposal for Post Exhaustion IPv4 Allocation Mechanisms by the IANA.
- RIPE Elects Dmitry Kohmanyuk to NRO NC
The NRO exists to:
History of the NRO
On 24 October 2003, the four existing RIRs – APNIC, ARIN, LACNIC and the RIPE NCC – entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ICANN to form the NRO. Once AfriNIC was incorporated in April 2005 it signed the MoU and joined the NRO.
The NRO Number Council (NC)
Under the terms of the MoU signed between the ICANN and the RIRs in October 2004, the NRO Number Council (NRO NC) now performs the role of the Address Supporting Organization Address Council (ASO AC). The NRO NC is made up of three community representatives from each RIR region.