IANA Stewardship Transition
- Anyone is welcome to provide feedback on this proposal
- All feedback should be submitted via the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list
- Anyone can subscribe to the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list
- Anyone can subscribe to the NRO ianaxfer mailing list
- Address Supporting Organization Memorandum of Understanding (ASO MoU)
- Including Global Policy Development Process
- Current global Internet number policies
- RIR Accountability
- NTIA Announcement (March 2014)
- Current IANA Key Performance Indicators (in relation to allocation of Internet numbering resources)
- RIPE draft proposal (9 Oct)
- RIPE Cooperation Working Group
- Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team
- First draft of CRISP IANA stewardship proposal [Feedback deadline: 5 January 2015]
- IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG)
- IANA Stewardship: Give Feedback on the Draft Proposal From the RIR Communities
The Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team has published the first draft of an Internet numbers community proposal for the future of the IANA stewardship.
- First Draft Proposal of the Internet Number Community for the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group
The first draft of the Internet numbers community’s response to the Request For Proposals issued by the IANA Stewardship Coordination Group (ICG) is now published. This draft has been prepared by the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team, and we are now seeking feedback on this draft from the global community.
- RIPE Community Selects CRISP Team Members
Following an open call for community volunteers, the RIPE Chair, Hans Petter Holen, has confirmed the appointment of two individuals from the RIPE community to the Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship (CRISP) team.
- ICANN 51: Continuing Global Discussion of IANA Stewardship and ICANN Accountability
The 51st ICANN meeting was held in Los Angeles, USA, from 11-16 October 2014, with questions surrounding the IANA stewardship transition and the accountability of ICANN driving much of the agenda.
- IANA Stewardship: Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal Team
The five Regional Internet Registries today published a process for producing a single proposal from the global IP addressing community to the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) of the U.S Government.
- IANA Stewardship: Draft RIPE Proposal Published
An initial working draft of the RIPE community proposal on IANA stewardship has been posted to the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list.
- RIR Accountability Questions and Answers
The NRO has published a set of Questions and Answers, addressing some of the key issues of Regional Internet Registry accountability and governance. This follows the publication of the RIR Governance Matrix in September 2014, and the two documents work in combination to provide all Internet stakeholders with a overview of the RIR governance.
- RIPE NCC and CENTR Hold Joint Meeting With Governments
The RIPE NCC and CENTR, the European country code top-level domain (TLD) organisation, held a meeting on Wednesday, 1 October 2014, in Brussels, Belgium, for governments and regulators to discuss issues of relevance to both the RIPE and CENTR communities.
- RIPE NCC Re-affirms Commitment to Operate K-root Name Server
The RIPE NCC has been providing DNS root name service at k.root-servers.net since 1997. As the global Internet community considers changes to the NTIA oversight of key DNS functions, the RIPE NCC wishes to assure the Internet community that our commitment to providing this service and to coordinating appropriately with ICANN and the other root server operators will not be affected by the outcome of these discussions.
- Update on IANA Stewardship Discussions: ICG Meeting and IETF 90
In recent weeks, two significant community discussions regarding the transition of stewardship of the IANA functions have taken place. The following summaries are provided as feedback to the RIPE community and include links to more detailed reports.
This first draft is available here:
Feedback on this draft is sought from the RIPE community, either via the ianaxfer _at_ nro _dot_ net mailing list or the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list. The deadline for feedback on this draft is Monday 5 January 2015. The CRISP team will then produce a further draft by 8 January, which will be open for final feedback from the communities before submission to the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG) by 15 January.
RIPE Community IANA Stewardship Principles
The RIPE community asks its selected CRISP team representatives to work with the other RIRs to produce a common proposal for a legally binding agreement (such as a Service Level Agreement) between ICANN and the RIRs to replace the Internet number-related elements of the ICANN-NTIA agreement.
This proposal should meet the requirements of the Request For Proposals (RFP) produced by the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG).
The proposal should bring the provisions of the agreement related to the services and service levels up-to-date with current requirements where necessary.
This work should be coordinated with the other users of the IANA function as much as practical, with the aim of producing a proposed arrangement that is compatible with the proposed arrangements of the other IANA users.
The RIPE community asks its CRISP team representatives to keep it informed about progress and content of the proposal.
The RIPE community asks the CRISP team to complete the proposal and to submit it to the ICG before 15 January 2015.
Changes to the policy-making structures or processes relating to the IANA registries are not within the scope of the IANA stewardship discussion.
Updated by the RIPE CRISP representatives, 28 November 2014
RIPE and the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs)
NTIA and Current IANA Arrangments
IANA Stewardship Process