IANA Oversight Transition
- Anyone is welcome to provide feedback on this proposal
- All feedback should be submitted via the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list
- Anyone can subscribe to the RIPE Cooperation Working Group mailing list
- Address Supporting Organization Memorandum of Understanding (ASO MoU)
- Including Global Policy Development Process
- Current global Internet number policies
- RIR Accountability
- NTIA Announcement (March 2014)
- Current IANA Key Performance Indicators (in relation to allocation of Internet numbering resources)
- RIPE draft proposal (9 Oct)
- RIPE Cooperation Working Group
- Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal (CRISP) team
- IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG)
RIPE Community IANA Stewardship Proposal [DRAFT]
The RIPE community asks the RIPE NCC to work with the other RIRs to produce a common proposal for a legally binding agreement (such as a Service Level Agreement) between ICANN and the RIRs to replace the Internet number-related elements of the ICANN-NTIA agreement.
This proposal should meet the requirements of the Request For Proposals (RFP) produced by the IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group (ICG).
The proposal should bring the provisions of the agreement related to the services and service levels up-to-date with current requirements where necessary.
This work should be coordinated with the other users of the IANA function as much as practical, with the aim of producing a proposed arrangement that is compatible with the proposed arrangements of the other IANA users.
The RIPE community asks the RIPE NCC and the other RIRs keep it informed about progress and content of the proposal.
The RIPE community asks the RIPE NCC to complete the proposal and to submit it to the ICG before 15 January 2015.
This text should not be regarded as final - it is intended to act as a basis for discussions over the coming weeks.
There will also be a dedicated session at RIPE 69 in London on Thursday, 6 November, to discuss these issues. Remote participation will be available for those unable to be present.
The RIPE Cooperation Working Group will aim to finalise a RIPE proposal in early December.
RIPE and the Regional Internet Registries (RIRs)
NTIA and Current IANA Arrangments
IANA Stewardship Process
IANA Oversight Transition News Items
There are currently no items in this folder.