Routing Information Service (RIS)
The RIPE NCC collects and stores Internet routing data from several locations around the globe, using the Routing Information Service (RIS), established in 2001.
RIS data can be accessed via RIPEstat, our “one-stop shop” for all available information about Internet number resources. RIPEstat uses individual widgets to display routing and other information.
Routing information is visualised using the following widgets:
- The Routing Status widget shows if a prefix is routed and, therefore, if the ASN is in use
- The Routing History widget shows the time range(s) when a particular prefix was announced, and by which AS it was announced
- The Announced Prefixes widget provides a tabular view of prefixes announced by an AS in the last two weeks
- The ASN Neighbours widget provides information about neighbouring ASNs
- The ASN Neighbours History widget provides historical information about neighbouring ASNs
- The Related Prefixes widget shows related networks of the prefix
- The BGP Looking Glass widget allows you to query our route collectors
- BGPlay shows the routing history related to a specific set of resources (prefixes, Autonomous Systems, IPs) by means of an animated and highly interactive graph
- RISwhois searches the latest RIS data for details of an IP address. It is useful when querying RIS using scripts
If you are interested in the location of RIS route collectors, and the list of peers, raw data or any other additional services based on RIS, please see the links on the sidebar.
For comments and feedback, please contact stat [at] ripe [dot] net.